Loaded Overnight Oats
Gluten Free + Vegan
I hate breakfast. The thought of making breakfast or preparing it or even eating it. Overnight oats have been such a saving grace for me, especially during my busy work season. It's so simple to make and you can never go wrong with toppings and ingredients. The best thing is to throw in whatever you have readily available in your pantry.
- 1/2 Cup GF Oats
- 1 cup Almond Milk (I make my own, 1 cup of almonds soaked in boiling water for 2 hours, 5 cups of water, one pitted date and one teaspoon of vanilla blended on high in our vitamix for 30 seconds, then strained through a clean old cotton pillowcase and stored in the fridge for a few days)
- 1/4 Cup of Chia Seeds and Flax Seeds
Add Oats into an airtight container and cover with seeds. Pour in almond milk and stir and ensure that the milk covers the oats with about 1/2 inch to spare on top. Add more in if needed. Put in fridge overnight for at least 6-8 hours.
Scoop into a bowl or have in their container, add in toppings of your choice. I usually add:
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Raspberries and Blueberries and any seasonal fruit I have frozen or fresh.
- Chia Seeds and Flax Seeds on top
- Local Bee Pollen
- Fresh Almond Butter
- Edible Flowers or dried rose petals + calendula flowers.
Then enjoy! You can refrigerate it for another day and it will keep if you can't finish your bowl.